Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fueling

I have been using Gatorade Endurance Formula over the past week or so. It's pretty good stuff compared to my old routine of 2:1 water to Gatorade. The 'formula' is triple the potassium and double the sodium of the regular stuff. It's a great alternative to eating bananas or using spendy supplements for potassium.

It has made a huge difference in my long runs. For example, I was able to do my 25 miler on Sunday with absolutely no residual soreness, cramping, or tiredness. Previously, following even a 22 miler, I would need a nap and a few bananas to keep the charlie horses away, and I could count on feeling better on Tuesday. It's only one run, but it seems to do the trick. I'm a pragmatist.

So far I've logged 63 miles in my first four runs of the week. Three to go. Quick post...I'm off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home