Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Seven week itch

Seven week itch
Seven week itch,
originally uploaded by esondag.
Check it out...my 'new' old Trek 2300. I just got it today from my friend Mike (not that Mike or Canada Mike, or Fatboy...geez, too many Mikes.) Anyway, it goes way too fast way too easily, and so far is a lot of fun. I'll get some good cross training this winter and next season, I'm sure.

My leg is still giving me problems, so it's off to the pool again tomorrow. I'll spare everyone the histrionics and drama, slip quietly into the cool, chlorinated water, put my head down and get the work done. It worked pretty well before, and I should be back out on the roads with 5+ weeks to go. Plenty of time to put the finishing touches on my fitness. Later!

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg

Your lack of panic is admirable. Way to keep the good attitude and not let this setback turn into a roadblock.

Enjoy the pool...again.

8/16/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Eric

I'm like a duck...calm on the surface, paddling like hell underwater.

I've been trying to track down examples of late-in-the-game comebacks, and I have stumbled across a couple: Joan Benoit before the 1984 Olympic Trials marathon and Abebe Bikila before the Tokyo Olympics. Each of these were far more serious than what I am dealing with, and each athelte ran better than expected in their goal race.

I'm sure there are more examples, but those are particularly good ones. I'll do the best I can with what I got and see where I get. Cheers!

8/16/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous

To quote Wetmore: "you'll be fine, just don't get fat."

8/16/2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Greg

"I'm like a duck...calm on the surface, paddling like hell underwater."

Is this a pool running reference?

8/16/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Eric

Yes. Although I am like a duck in other ways. Large feet, skinny legs, preference for carbohydrates, and exuding an oily substance that helps me shed water. I'm not a big fan of duck hunting, and my favorite college team is the Oregon Ducks. Seriously.

You probably have more in common with ducks than you realize, Greg. Give in to the duck side...

8/16/2006 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger Wayne

hope the leg gets better very soon.

8/22/2006 04:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home