Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bad Blogger

Can you tell I'm injured? Not a lot of ambition to blog about hour long rides on the trainer. Unfortunately, due to weather and the aforementioned lack of ambition, I didn't get out and do the ride in Wisconsin over the weekend. Hence, no pictures.

I did spend the labor day weekend taking a three day break from everything. My hip was still feeling tight and slightly sore during minor daily activities such as pants-putting-on and standing-up, so I decided to take my non-running doctor's advice and take some time off--of everything. It seems to have had some good effect, as I can now get out of bed, stand up, and put my pants on with no pain whatsoever.

I was also able to jog at 8:30 pace for two full minutes with no pain and just a bit of tightness, which was to be expected. There was no pain the following day either, which is more important in my eyes. I'm planning to continue the biking and strength exercises through next Monday, and then attempt a 1/2 mile jog on the treadmill. Depending on how that goes, I'll begin adding in pain-free jogging and hopefully progress to pain-free running over the following two week period.

Time for work! Check you later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Jay Dotson

I’m impressed with your pragmatic attitude in dealing with your injury. I myself have been rocked by multiple injuries over the past 2 years revealing my wussyness quotient to be embarrassingly high. By necessity I developed a love/hate relationship with my indoor trainer and I am better (mentally) for the experience. I look forward to following your progress.

9/07/2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Mike

Since reading that weight training section in Running Times I've been wondering if you'll succumb to pumping some iron while the wings are still a little clipped.

Riding in the rain is so much more frustrating than running in it. Just having to clean the damn bike and lube it all over again barely makes it worth it.

9/07/2006 09:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home