Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Less Pain, More Running

My hip is feeling pretty good the last few days. Since I last blogged, I have been able to run a bit as well. One full mile at 8:00 pace on Saturday, and two miles, one at 7:30 and another at 7:00, with no pain on either run. Again, most important in my mind is there was no pain the day after these runs. I suppose I could have gone further, which is good to know.

I'm going to continue being conservative through this week and then go back for a second x-ray next week. After four weeks, I would expect to see a bone callus if I had a stress fracture, and possibly if I had a stress reaction. A callus would mean the healing is continuing, so I'll need to be cautious for another several weeks. If I don't see a callus, I'll have to assume I had a nasty muscle strain somewhere in my hip. Either way, By next week, I'm hoping to be ready for some longer short runs.

Time to hit the bike. Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike

I keep looking for the cycling log, is it under the woman's legs?

I'm glad to hear "pain free", good luck with the x-ray.

9/12/2006 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger Eric

Yeah, it's right between them. Click around, freak. :)

9/13/2006 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home