Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Slacker!

Sorry I haven't updated here in a while. I've been writing up my daily runs on my training blog and not giving this blog much attention. I tend to to think of a lot more things to write about than I actually have the motivation to create. Anyway, there's my excuse. If you're here for a good story, my apologies! Try Mike or Andrew for some exceptional writing about running.

I've been reading a lot of training information lately, trying to understand what exactly makes up a proper training plan. I'm infamous for never having a plan, but somehow lining things up in my head and generally doing approximately the right thing. Whether I actually devise a plan this time or not, it helps to have the right information floating around in my brain. Some good information I've found lately can be found here, and here.

Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous

Eric, I'm kind of with you. I have a general plan for my goal races and try to pin down when my long runs will be, but I don't structure my individual workouts way out in advance. Part of it is having a young family requires a certain amount of flexability. They are too important to me and I would never go off and...let's say...run across the country and leave them behind. Also, I try to run based in part on how my body feels it is accepting the training. I read an article in Triathlete Magazine about Michelle Jones and her husband/coach. He very much controls her training by not allowing her to go out and train hard when she is not feeling 100%. There must be something to it...she just won the Hawaii Ironman.

11/14/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mike

I love love love plans. Seriously. Not that you have to stick to one religiously (I call audibles and add or subtract miles from non-workout days all the time), but it is nice to see the pattern put down beforehand and then compare it with what you did to see how well you colored within the lines. People want to see how a fast guy like you puts things together, really.

11/14/2006 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger Eric

Okay...you got it. Next post, I'll put what's in my head down on, er...blog.

11/16/2006 01:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous

Im very new to running (3 years) but one thing i do know is that a training plan got me motivated and got my arse outdoors on those cold evenings when running was the last thing i felt like doing. The thing is i was given this advise from fellow runners all the time and just said "yeah yeah" but im glad i did.

Interesting stuff Eric thanks for the info.

11/17/2006 02:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home